At Preferred Physical Therapy, the health and well-being of our clients, staff, and community are our number one priority, and we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak all the time.
As a health care provider, we will continue to uphold our high hygiene and infection control standards, policies, and procedures. With the evolving coronavirus situation, we have implemented several additional measures to help protect our clients, their families, and staff.
Our existing and additional measures include:
- Thorough, frequent cleaning and sanitation of all high touch areas with hospital grade disinfectant, including all surfaces: door handles, treatment room, equipment, kitchen and staff areas, and bathrooms.
- Cleaning and sanitation of all treatment beds after each patient.
- Requesting patients advise us if they are potentially high risk for infection or have been exposed to anyone who is high risk and that appointments are rescheduled.
- Requesting all patients use hand sanitizer provided to them upon entry into our reception area. All patients will wear a mask before entering the building. Hand sanitizer is available throughout all areas of our clinic.
- We have implemented a temperature check for all employees prior to clock-in.
- All staff wears a mask at all times.
- We educate our staff and patients with up-to-date information during the Pandemic.
- We ensure staff who are experiencing flu-like symptoms remain at home.
- Where possible, all staff exercise safe distancing between other staff members and all patients.
We request that if clients are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms which may include fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath loss of taste/smell that they DO NOT attend our clinic.
Patients are expected to let reception know as soon as possible so that we can amend their booking.
Our goal is to create a safe environment for our staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our commitment of health and well-being to our patients remains our highest priority. We have policies and procedures in effect to provide the best and safest care for our clients so they can continue to receive health benefits and confidently live free of pain to enable them to proceed with daily life activities.
It is important when keeping up to date with COVID-19 that we source our information from factual and reputable sources. The best way to do this is via the Department of Health’s website and their daily health alerts: https://www.cdc.gov/